Global diversity + inclusion
Diversity fuels excellence. Different perspectives enable us to achieve business success, build a healthier society and bring groundbreaking solutions to patients.
Sameer Savkur, Managing Director, Brazil
Raising the Bar: Advancing Women’s Leadership at Biogen
Here at Biogen, we are preparing our senior female leaders for board directorships at life science firms and other companies.Learn how.
In the area of Global Diversity + Inclusion, we pursue these aims:
- Inclusion. Act as a more globally inclusive, bias-free and culturally competent company.
- Sustainability. Establish Diversity + Inclusion as a natural part of how we do business.
- Patient diversity. Understand differences in our patient communities.
- Representation. Ensure that we attract, develop and retain talent from all backgrounds.
- Supplier diversity. Broaden our supplier diversity efforts globally.
How We Do It
We have worked hard to infuse Diversity + Inclusion principles and practices into our global culture. In practice, we embrace talent from all backgrounds and foster a work environment where all employees feel empowered to do their best work.
Our approach relies on partnerships among dedicated resources and cross-functional volunteers:
- Our Diversity + Inclusion Strategic Council (DISC) is a governing body of members representing all business areas. It sets overall strategy and approach for GD+I and advises on implementation.
- Our Global Diversity + Inclusion team within Human Resources offers strategic and day-to-day direction on implementation.
- Employee volunteers design and lead many Diversity + Inclusion efforts, particularly our Employee Resource Networks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.
As an employer of choice, we strive to:
- Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organization.
- Pursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations and academic institutions.
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employment.
Our commitment to diversity extends to our supplier relationships. In the U.S., we make efforts to source from small, locally owned businesses led by minorities, women, veterans and service-disabled veterans, among others.Learn more about supplier diversity